- ParaLife was formed in Switzerland in 2006 by twelve founding shareholders, including the World Bank (IFC), the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the Andean Development Corporation (CAF), socially oriented investment funds and high-net-worth individuals.
- We offered our first products in Mexico in 2008.
- ParaLife is currently active across Latin America with hubs in Mexico (launched in 2007) and Colombia (since 2010), and China (as of 2016).
- Apart from Mexico, Colombia and China, we currently serve customers in Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Nicaragua, and Peru.
- We are a small but highly experienced management team with many years of leadership experience in traditional insurance, microinsurance and developing countries/emerging markets
- Headquartered in Switzerland, over 90 % of our staff are working in our operational centers in Latin America and China.